Jumat, 29 Maret 2013

My very own Short Film

I made this short film on October 20th 2012, glad to made this one cause this one took me to a higher level of filmmaking. The Title of this short is SAVING A COMPLETE STRANGER, sounds catchy doesn't it? Anyway, it was my first time being a director, along with screenwriter, and also the actor. I hope you enjoy the movie :)


Synopsis: A depressed young woman tries to end her life. When all of her closest people couldn't convince her to stop, a firefighter come to the rescue.


Well I never really give an explanation to my films, because it's a film, and a film should make the audience understand (or maybe questioning). But this time I'll do it just a little bit.

The Idea of this film is about people who honestly choose their job, because life isn't always about money. Alex became a firefighter to save people so they don't end up like his very own father (this type of people is rarely found nowadays). I really wanted to make the character a police due to the lack of  honesty of polices in Indonesia, but I don't find it to be unique and memorable. So I came up with a firefighter.



From all the three reasons, personally I like the third one. So far it's my most memorable quotes after years being a screenwriter. It says "Life is beautiful, even in the worst situation". And usually I say those words when my real life gets worst, when everything doesn't went as planned. And yes, some compliments were targeted to this quote, some people just love it.

Well that's all for my explanation, hope you enjoy it. Till later with my next short film :)

  • Date: 15.52
  • Author:
  • Labels:

0 komentar: